Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day at the Lake Mead

Today I had a very nice day at  Lake Mead. Before I tell you about my experiences, I would like to tell you a few words about the Lake itself. 

Lake Mead is in a beautiful desert environment & is one of the largest man made lakes in the world with over 157,000 acres of water. But maybe not for too long ... Over the years the lake is getting smaller & smaller, there is less and less water in it. You can see how the level of the lake dropped down on a couple of the photos below- the white thick line on the mountains. 


That is very sad and also can open discussion about global warming problem...  But for now I will leave it alone. 

The Lake offers a variety of boating, skiing, swimming, fishing, photography, and sightseeing opportunities. 

So if you have time and desire I recommend taking advantage of it since it is still there...




No comments: