Saturday, January 17, 2009

Vacation


Finally the vacation time is here. I really, really needed it.
This year, I decided to go to Sydney Australia to visit my friends, who moved there for a year. But that is not all- we also planned the 10 days in 
New Zealand. When I landed in Sydney, I did not expect do much before we left for  New Zealand- I had only two days... but it is actually amazing what I was able to see and do. I started the day  jogging along the Coogee Beach, then lunch at the Dolylees' -Sydney's most famous seafood restaurant with an amazing harbor view, and then a relaxing walk in Watson Bay, South Head. You think that that would be enough, but no- in the evening I went to Marauba Beach to watch my friend and the other surfers fighting with the waves.

Next day was as busy as a previous one- pleasant walk along the Blackwaltle Bay, nice lunch, visit at the Kola Sanctuary  (by the way not a very active or energetic animals :))) but cute) and in then some time on the North Beaches. Palm Beach exactly regardless of the season is always busy; people swim, sunbath, jog and ... surf... And it was a place also where I made my first attempt to surf and see if that could be my new passion. I was not able to get up on the board but it was still stunning experience to fight with the waves, just letting them carry me to the shore...  I got beat up by the board quite badly at first, but no complaints - new experiences are always worth some sacrifices :)))


No comments: